We treat a wide range of conditions from mild orthopaedic conditions such as joint pain to disabling neurological conditions such as spinal cord injuries and brain injuries. We specialize in brain injury rehabilitation and spinal cord injury treatment. Each condition and each patient are treated differently. We primarily use various therapies, orthosis, adaptive equipments, and assistive devices to treat patients however medications and injections are also used for neurological and orthopedic conditions to maximize recovery. Details about each condition and how it's treated can be seen under respective section.
Some of our specialized services include the following
- Vision rehabilitation using nova vision
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (CRT)
- Dysphagia (Swallow) rehabilitation using Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Arm/Hand rehabilitation using Mirror Therapy and Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT)
- Gait rehabilitation using Body Weight Support Treadmill (BWST) training
- Coma/Arousal stimulation therapy for patients with disorders of consciousness (i.e. coma, vegetative state and minimally conscious state)
- Neuromodulation for brain injury recovery using Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, and psychopharmacological medications
- Injections for spasticity (muscle tightness) such as Botulinum toxin (Botox), motor point blocks, and nerve blocks.
- Other treatments such as Intrathecal Baclofen (Baclofen Pump) trial (testing), management and trouble shooting.