WHAT IS REHABILITATION?
Injuries and surgeries have become very common in the recent years. The recovery from injuries take different treatments and methods for complete cure. Part of the recovery process is rehabilitation. Rehabilitation helps restore the lost functional ability back to the individual. This requires consistent and persistent efforts with the guidance of experienced therapists such as Physiotherapists, Occupational therapists, Speech-Language pathologists and Neuropsychologists. Rehabilitation is not limited to recovering from certain habits or illnesses. It also includes recuperation from prolonged acute or chronic diseases. “Rehab” should not be a stigma on the road to good health and recovery.
WHY JH REHABILITATION?
There are very few rehabilitation centres in Chennai that provides a wide range of post treatment care. Among those that do, daily supervision of a patient by a Physician who specializes in Rehabilitation is lacking. We are a physician-led centre, that provides a comprehensive care involving various therapies and takes an interdisciplinary approach (i.e. care being provided by various therapies in a coordinated fashion). We are the first in the nation to introduce a community reintegration program called “EMPOWER”.Community reintegration can be defined as “the state where the individual controls and directs his own life by independently participating in activities including education and meaningful employment".The goal is to integrate every member that is part of the program back into the community and be a productive member. Our rehabilitation centre in Chennai provides quality services at a reasonable cost.
Our Four PILLARS OF REHABILITATION
Physician led Interdisciplinary Care
Quality services at affordable cost
Empower patients with the ability to live their life independently and to the fullest
We treat a wide range of conditions from mild orthopaedic conditions such as joint pain to disabling neurological conditions such as spinal cord injuries and brain injuries. We specialize in brain injury rehabilitation and spinal cord injury treatment. Each condition and each patient are treated differently. We primarily use various therapies, orthosis, adaptive equipments, and assistive devices to treat patients however medications and injections are also used for neurological and orthopedic conditions to maximize recovery. Details about each condition and how it's treated can be seen under respective section.
Some of our specialized services include the following
- Vision rehabilitation using nova vision
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (CRT)
- Dysphagia (Swallow) rehabilitation using Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Arm/Hand rehabilitation using Mirror Therapy and Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT)
- Gait rehabilitation using Body Weight Support Treadmill (BWST) training
- Coma/Arousal stimulation therapy for patients with disorders of consciousness (i.e. coma, vegetative state and minimally conscious state)
- Neuromodulation for brain injury recovery using Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation, and psychopharmacological medications
- Injections for spasticity (muscle tightness) such as Botulinum toxin (Botox), motor point blocks, and nerve blocks.
- Other treatments such as Intrathecal Baclofen (Baclofen Pump) trial (testing), management and trouble shooting.
Dr. Haresh Sampathkumar, MBBS, MD (USA)Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Brain Injury Medicine Co-founder
Dr. E. Ignatius Jacob, MBBS, MDPhysical Medicine and Rehabilitation Co-founder
DR. J.N.A. PRADEEP,, Ph.D.,Consultant - Clinical Neuropsychologist
Ms. Anusha Santhanakrishnan,B.Sc, MSc - Dietitics / Nutrition, PGCDE (Certified Diabetes Educator )Nutritionist (Sports) / Diabetic Educator
P. Bright Alwin Victor,MPT(NEURO), PGDCR, DNTSenior Physiotherapist
Radhika SubramanianOccupational Therapist
Ms. Shreya SriramAudiologist and Speech language pathologist
This space is dedicated to our patients and their caretakers for their valuable feedback and testimonials.
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India